Easiest Way to Forward Ports on the ATnT Home Base Router
This ATnT Home Base router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. Some online games run much smoother with additional connections opened. To do this you need to create what is called a port forward. This forwards the named port or connection to a specific device on your home network.
In this guide we will be showing you exactly how to get ports forwarded on the ATnT Home Base router. We will show you how to:
- setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- login to the ATnT Home Base router.
- find the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- make a port forward entry on your router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Write this static IP address down, you need it a little later in this guide.
In this step we show you how to login to the ATnT Home Base router interface. This router, along with most others, use a web interface to make setting changes. This means you need to login using a web browser.
It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use, we recommend picking one you are the most familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox.
Once you have opened the web browser you want to use, find the address bar. This is usually found at the top of the page like this:
In the image above, we have circled the address bar for you. Simply enter the router's IP address in this space. When looking for your router's IP address remember it can also be called the computer's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
By default the ATnT Home Base router has an IP address of: 192.168.0.1
After you have entered the router's IP address in the address bar simply press the Enter key on your keyboard. If the correct IP address was used you will see a login screen or window like this:
If you don't see an image similar to the one you see above you probably changed the router's IP address in the past and don't remember. To find out what your current router IP address follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address guide.
By default the Login for the ATnT Home Base router is: attadmin
If you are unable to access the ATnT Home Base router with the above information, here are a few things you can try:
- First you can try other ATnT default username/password combinations. If you have a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different password. Here is out list of all the Default ATnT Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is either because you changed the password in the past for security reasons and forgot or we don't have the current information (router manufacturers are constantly updating their routers which includes the username and password). You can try to guess what it was changed to or use our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- As a last resort you may need to consider a reset. A reset is not the same thing as a reboot. A reset erases every setting you have ever changed in the past. Please exhaust all your other options first. To learn the basics of resetting a router follow this How to Reset a Router guide.
In the third step we will be showing you how to find the port forwarding page of the ATnT Home Base router. We begin on the Home page:
First, click the Settings option in the left sidebar.
You should now see a page like the one shown here. Click the tab at the top of the page labeled Firewall.
Then under that pick the option of Port Forwarding.
Congratulations you are now on the correct page to create a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Put a dot into the Port Forwarding Settings Enabled radio button.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the IP Address box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are forwarding a single port then you can enter that port number into the left Port Range and the right Port Range boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Port Range box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right Port Range box.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
You need to name this entry in the Comment box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
When you are all done click the Apply button.
Don't forget to click the blue Apply button after each entry is completed.
Test if Your Ports are Open
After you have completed all the steps above, you need to test to see if the ports are open. To do this we have a free Port Checker App. This is part of our Network Utilities tool. It uses a local application to see if the server is listening on the ports you just opened. This guarantees accurate feedback about whether your port is open or not.
Port Forwarding should be easy, that's why we have our Port Forwarding Software. It does all the hard work for you. Any port forwarding problems you have, our software will fix it.
Did you know that we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our other guides here.
Do you need to configure your router but don't know where to begin? We have guides on how to secure your WiFi, change the wireless channel, DNS, and much more on setuprouter.com.