Open Ports on the D-Link DWR-921 Router
This is the open port guide for the D-Link DWR-921 v3. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
Did you know your D-Link DWR-921 v3 router has a firewall? The firewall helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall blocks all unauthorized ports or connections to your home network. Some online games and programs will run much smoother if you have additional ports opened. This process of opening additional ports is called a port forward.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to forward ports on the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router. I will explain how to:
- setup a static IP address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- login to the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router interface.
- find the port forwarding page in your D-Link DWR-921 v3 router interface.
- create a port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: I recommend writing this static IP address down. You need it a little later in the port forwarding process.
Now that you have set up a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to it is time to login to the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router.
The first step is to open up a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. It normally doesn't matter which browser you use, I recommend using one you are familiar with.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. The address bar is found at the top of the page like this:
In the image above I have circled the address bar. All you need to do is enter the router's IP address in this space. The router's IP address is also sometimes called the computer's default gateway.
By default the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router has an IP address of: 192.168.0.1
Simply press the Enter key after you have entered the router's IP address into the address bar. If the correct IP address was used you will see a login screen like this:
If you don't see a login screen like the one above, you need to figure out what the proper IP address is. To do this follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Enter the router username and password in the spaces provided.
- The Default D-Link DWR-921 Router Username is: admin
- The Default D-Link DWR-921 Router Password is: password
A lot of people get stuck at this point. Most router setup procedures ask you to change the username and password before continuing. These passwords get lost, and logging into the router interface becomes a challenge. Here are a few things you can try before tossing the router out the nearest window:
- It is possible we don't have the most current default username and password. Every once in a while router manufactures change the defaults on us to keep us on our toes. Here is a list of all the different default usernames and passwords D-Link has ever used: Default D-Link Router Passwords.
- None of the defaults worked? Most likely you changed the password and have forgotten it. If you can't guess what you changed it to, let us help. Use our Find Password App. It does the guessing for you.
- Are you still stuck? It is probably time to consider a factory reset for your D-Link DWR-921 v3 router. To do this follow the procedure explained on our How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged in and looking at the Home page of the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router interface. It will look like this:
Begin by selecting the Advanced option at the top of the page.
You should now see a page like the one above.
Find and select the option in the left sidebar labeled Virtual Server.
Congratulations, this is the correct page to make a port forward entry for the D-Link DWR-921 v3 router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the port to forward into both the Service Ports and the Server IP:Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Server IP box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
Put a checkmark in the Enable checkbox.
When you have finished each entry make sure to click the blue Add New Rule... button.
Check your Ports
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell if the ports forwarded properly, so we recommend using our Open Port Checker to see if the ports forwarded correctly. Our port checker uses a local application to see if the server is listening. This guarantees an accurate result.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. We also have networking, software, and gaming guides. Check them out on our guide page.
Do you need help setting up your router for the first time? How about your WiFi security, is it as strong as it should be? We can help at setuprouter.com.