How To Open Ports in Your Router for A Hat in Time
A Hat in Time offers the following styles of gameplay.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
How to Port Forward A Hat in Time
When you are playing A Hat in Time you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for A Hat in Time
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for A Hat in Time are as follows:
A Hat in Time - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for A Hat in Time yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
A Hat in Time - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
A Hat in Time - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
A Hat in Time - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
A Hat in Time - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for A Hat in Time that will show you the network ports.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.