You probably already know that your Actiontec Telus T3200M router comes with a basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access, but do you know how it does that? Your Actiontec Telus T3200M firewall works by blocking all Internet connections that are not authorized by your router. Some online games or programs will run much smoother if you have additional connections opened up. The way you allow more connections to be opened is a port forward. This takes the named port and directs it at the computer you choose.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to port forward on the Actiontec Telus T3200M router. The steps I will be covering in this guide are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Actiontec Telus T3200M router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward on Actiontec Telus T3200M router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it a little later in the process.
It is now time to login to the Actiontec Telus T3200M router. In order to do this you need to open a web browser on your computer because the router uses a web interface. It typically doesn't matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend picking one that is familiar to you (like the one you are using right now). Common web browsers to choose from are Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Actiontec T3200M IP Address is: 192.168.1.254
If that address did not work or you know you have changed it in the past, you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. To find out follow the directions on the How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
After you have entered the correct IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. This should take you to an authentication page similar to this:
Do you see the spaces asking for a username and password? Use these spaces to enter the username and password for your router.
- The Default Actiontec T3200M Router Username is: admin
- The Default Actiontec T3200M Router Password is: password
If you find yourself stuck and unable to gain access to the Actiontec Telus T3200M router access there are a few things you can try:
- First, I always recommend trying other default Actiontec passwords. Router manufacturers are always updating the router's firmware so if your username and password did not work, it may have been updated and changed. Here is our list of common Default Actiontec Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is probably because you changed the router's username and password in the past and don't remember what it was changed to. Try guessing a few times, or try our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- Finally, if nothing else works, it may be time to consider a factory reset for the Actiontec Telus T3200M router. Do not reset the router unless you have no other options. A reset erases everything you have ever changed in the past. A full reconfiguration of the router will be needed after a factory reset is complete. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this we begin on the home page of the device.
First, you need to click the Firewall option at the top of the page.
You should now see a page like the one shown above. Click the option of Port Forwarding in the left sidebar.
Congratulations, you should now be on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Use the Select LAN Device dropdown box to pick Manually enter the IP address.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the LAN IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the External (WAN) Start Port and Internal (LAN) Start Port boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the External (WAN) End Port and Internal (LAN) End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the External (WAN) Start Port, External (WAN) End Port, Internal (LAN) Start Port and Internal (LAN) End Port boxes.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
Was Your Port Forward Successful?
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Actiontec Telus T3200M you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, I recommend using our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here.
Is your router secure? Is your router using the best encryption available? Find out and learn how to fix it at setuprouter.com.