Bad North includes the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Bad North
When you are playing Bad North you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Bad North Require
The specific ports for Bad North are as follows:
Bad North - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Bad North yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Bad North - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Bad North - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Bad North - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Bad North - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Bad North that will show you the connection ports.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.