Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
When you are playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
The ports for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition are as follows:
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 6073, 47630
- UDP: 2300-2400, 6073, 47630
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 2300-2400, 3478-3480, 6073, 47630
- UDP: 2300-2400, 3074, 3478-3479, 6073, 47630
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Steam
- TCP: 2300-2400, 6073, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 47630
- UDP: 2300-2400, 4380, 6073, 27000-27031, 27036, 47630
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Switch
- TCP: 2300-2400, 6073, 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900-29901, 29920, 47630
- UDP: 1-65535
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 2300-2400, 3074, 6073, 47630
- UDP: 88, 500, 2300-2400, 3074, 3544, 4500, 6073, 47630
We have guides that are custom tailored for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - PC
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Playstation 4
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Steam
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Switch
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.