Breach offers the following styles of gameplay.
How to Port Forward Breach
When you are playing Breach you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Breach Require
The required incoming ports for Breach are as follows:
Breach - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Breach - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 8766,4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Breach that will show you the specific incoming ports.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.