How to Port Forward Catan
Catan includes the following genres of gameplay.
Forward Ports for Catan
When you are playing Catan you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Catan
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Catan are as follows:
Catan - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Catan - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Catan that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.