Sid Meier's Civilization III has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization III
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization III you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Sid Meier's Civilization III Require
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Sid Meier's Civilization III are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization III - PC
- TCP: 3783, 6500, 6515, 6667, 13139, 27900, 28900, 29900-29901
- UDP: 6500, 6515, 13139, 27900
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sid Meier's Civilization III that will show you the incoming ports.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.