Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR:
CPPlus CP-8R4T4 - PC
- TCP: 80, 7777, 8888
- UDP: 7777, 8888
Forwarding Ports for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for CPPlus CP-8R4T4
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a CPPlus CP-8R4T4 DVR.