Darksiders: Genesis offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
How to Port Forward Darksiders: Genesis
When you are playing Darksiders: Genesis you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Darksiders: Genesis
The incoming ports for Darksiders: Genesis are as follows:
Darksiders: Genesis - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Darksiders: Genesis yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Darksiders: Genesis - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Darksiders: Genesis - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Darksiders: Genesis - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Darksiders: Genesis - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Darksiders: Genesis that will show you the specific ports.
- Darksiders: Genesis - Playstation 4
- Darksiders: Genesis - Steam
- Darksiders: Genesis - Switch
- Darksiders: Genesis - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.