Opening Ports for DmC: Devil May Cry using Your Router
DmC: Devil May Cry has the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
Forward Ports for DmC: Devil May Cry
When you are playing DmC: Devil May Cry you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for DmC: Devil May Cry
The required ports that need to be forwarded for DmC: Devil May Cry are as follows:
DmC: Devil May Cry - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
DmC: Devil May Cry - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
DmC: Devil May Cry - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
DmC: Devil May Cry - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
DmC: Devil May Cry - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and DmC: Devil May Cry simply follow one of these links:
- DmC: Devil May Cry - PC
- DmC: Devil May Cry - Playstation 3
- DmC: Devil May Cry - Playstation 4
- DmC: Devil May Cry - Xbox 360
- DmC: Devil May Cry - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.