The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for an Edimax IC-3030 are:
Edimax IC-3030 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Forwarding Ports for an Edimax IC-3030
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use an Edimax IC-3030. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to an Edimax IC-3030.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your camera's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for an Edimax IC-3030
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Edimax IC-3030 in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Edimax IC-3030:
List of Routers - Customized for Edimax IC-3030
That's all it takes to forward your ports for an Edimax IC-3030.