The ports that need to be forwarded for a Falco 8LITE DVR are listed here:
Falco 8LITE - PC
- TCP: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050, 8000
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Falco 8LITE DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Falco 8LITE DVR. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Falco 8LITE DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a Falco 8LITE DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Falco 8LITE DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Falco 8LITE DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Falco 8LITE
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Falco 8LITE DVR.