Far Cry 4 is Ubisoft's First-Person, Shooter, Action, and Adventure game with a release date in 2014.
Far Cry 4 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward Far Cry 4
When you are playing Far Cry 4 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Far Cry 4
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Far Cry 4 are as follows:
Far Cry 4 - PC
- TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000-14001, 14008
- UDP: 9000, 21120
Far Cry 4 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 9000, 21120
Far Cry 4 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 9000, 21120
Far Cry 4 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074, 9000, 21120
Far Cry 4 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 9000, 21120
We have guides that are custom tailored for Far Cry 4 that will show you the exact ports.
- Far Cry 4 - PC
- Far Cry 4 - Xbox One
- Far Cry 4 - Playstation 4
- Far Cry 4 - Xbox 360
- Far Cry 4 - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.