Opening Ports for FIFA 18 using Your Router
FIFA 18 is a Sports game published by EA Sports released in 2017.
FIFA 18 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward FIFA 18
When you are playing FIFA 18 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does FIFA 18 Require
The specific incoming ports for FIFA 18 are as follows:
FIFA 18 - PC
- TCP: 3569,9946,9988,10000-20000,42124
- UDP: 3659,9000-9999
FIFA 18 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,3659,5223,8080,10000-10099,42127
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658-3659,5223,6000
FIFA 18 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,3659,10000-10099,42127
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,6000
FIFA 18 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074,3659
- UDP: 88,3074,3659
FIFA 18 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,3659
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500
FIFA 18 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for FIFA 18 that will show you the ports.
- FIFA 18 - PC
- FIFA 18 - Playstation 3
- FIFA 18 - Playstation 4
- FIFA 18 - Xbox 360
- FIFA 18 - Xbox One
- FIFA 18 - Switch
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.