How to Open a Port in Your Router for Figment
When you play Figment you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward Figment
When you are playing Figment you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Figment
The specific incoming ports for Figment are as follows:
Figment - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Figment yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Figment - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Figment - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Figment - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Figment - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Figment simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.