How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX is Square Enix's Role-Playing game released in 2016.
Final Fantasy IX is a roleplaying game, or simply RPG. Role-Playing Games give you many, many hours of game play where you can explore a sometimes huge new world through the eyes of your own character. They are usually the longest style of game with the most detailed story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Forward Ports for Final Fantasy IX
When you are playing Final Fantasy IX you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Final Fantasy IX
The network ports for Final Fantasy IX are as follows:
Final Fantasy IX - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Final Fantasy IX - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Final Fantasy IX - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Final Fantasy IX - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Final Fantasy IX simply follow one of these links:
- Final Fantasy IX - PC
- Final Fantasy IX - Playstation 4
- Final Fantasy IX - Switch
- Final Fantasy IX - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.