Ports To Forward for Final Fantasy VIII
The network ports for Final Fantasy VIII are as follows:
Final Fantasy VIII - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Final Fantasy VIII - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Final Fantasy VIII yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Final Fantasy VIII - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Final Fantasy VIII - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Final Fantasy VIII - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Final Fantasy VIII simply follow one of these links:
- Final Fantasy VIII - Steam
- Final Fantasy VIII - Playstation 4
- Final Fantasy VIII - Switch
- Final Fantasy VIII - Xbox One
Final Fantasy VIII offers the following styles of play.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
Port Forward Final Fantasy VIII
When you are playing Final Fantasy VIII you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.