The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR are:
FineCCTV SR-H2008-N - PC
- TCP: 80, 8080
Forward Ports for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for FineCCTV SR-H2008-N
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a FineCCTV SR-H2008-N DVR.