Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR:
FineCCTV SR-H2016-N - PC
- TCP: 80, 8080
Setting Up a Port Forward for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for FineCCTV SR-H2016-N
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a FineCCTV SR-H2016-N DVR.