How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Fossil Hunters
Fossil Hunters includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Fossil Hunters
When you are playing Fossil Hunters you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Fossil Hunters Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Fossil Hunters are as follows:
Fossil Hunters - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Fossil Hunters - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Fossil Hunters - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Fossil Hunters - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Fossil Hunters simply follow one of these links:
- Fossil Hunters - PC
- Fossil Hunters - Playstation 4
- Fossil Hunters - Switch
- Fossil Hunters - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.