The following ports need to be forwarded for Foundry Virtual Tabletop:
Foundry Virtual Tabletop - PC
- TCP: 30000
Forward Ports for Foundry Virtual Tabletop
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Foundry Virtual Tabletop. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Foundry Virtual Tabletop.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Foundry Virtual Tabletop
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Foundry Virtual Tabletop in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Foundry Virtual Tabletop:
List of Routers - Customized for Foundry Virtual Tabletop
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Foundry Virtual Tabletop.