The ports that need to be forwarded for a Garrys Mod are listed here:
Garrys Mod - PC
- TCP: 27014-27050
- UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Garrys Mod
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Garrys Mod. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Garrys Mod.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your camera.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a Garrys Mod
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your camera in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Garrys Mod in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Garrys Mod:
List of Routers - Customized for Garrys Mod
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Garrys Mod.