The following ports need to be forwarded for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR:
GE Security TVR-1004-500 - PC
- TCP: 80, 8000
Forwarding Ports for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR
When you use a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for GE Security TVR-1004-500
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a GE Security TVR-1004-500 DVR.