How to Port Forward in Your Router for Gone Home
Gone Home is an Adventure game published by The Fullbright Company, Majesco Entertainment, Annapurna Interactive released in 2013.
Since Gone Home is an adventure game you can expect to follow your character through a story, where you are the one who discovers the plot, solves the problems, and ultimately decides the fate of the game. Adventure style games tend to be longer than other styles of games and focus on the story. If you enjoy a game that has a large story element then you will most likely enjoy playing Gone Home.
How to Port Forward Gone Home
When you are playing Gone Home you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Gone Home
The exact ports for Gone Home are as follows:
Gone Home - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Gone Home yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Gone Home - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Gone Home - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Gone Home - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Gone Home - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Gone Home that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.