How to Port Forward Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a music style video game. In a music style of video game the gameplay focuses on playing musical instruments. Some music games like Rockband use instruments and microphones, while others like Rocksmith teach you how to play your own instrument with a special adapter cable. Other music style games employ trivia, memory, or focus on the experience of listening to the music.
Forward Ports for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
When you are playing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince are as follows:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223,3478,3479,3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince simply follow one of these links:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Xbox 360
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.