How to Port Forward Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
When you play Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Port Forward Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
When you are playing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The ports that need to be forwarded for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are as follows:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223,3478,3479,3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix simply follow one of these links:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Xbox 360
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Playstation 3
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.