Ports Required for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
The network ports that need to be forwarded for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are as follows:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036, 28960-28961
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036, 28960-28961
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Steam
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Playstation 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Shooter style games are usually a fast action style game that is based on testing the players reaction time. Most of the time the player has a weapon held out in front that is the primary means of targeting other players and enemies. Single player shooters usually have a short story mode based on finding ammo and guns, while multiplayer shooters tend to have some amount of player advancement over time. Halo and Call of Duty are popular shooters.
How to Port Forward Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
When you are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.