How to Open a Port in Your Router for Jumanji: The Video Game
Jumanji: The Video Game has the following styles of play.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Forward Ports for Jumanji: The Video Game
When you are playing Jumanji: The Video Game you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Jumanji: The Video Game Require
The specific ports for Jumanji: The Video Game are as follows:
Jumanji: The Video Game - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Jumanji: The Video Game - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Jumanji: The Video Game - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Jumanji: The Video Game - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Jumanji: The Video Game that will show you the connection ports.
- Jumanji: The Video Game - Playstation 4
- Jumanji: The Video Game - Steam
- Jumanji: The Video Game - Switch
- Jumanji: The Video Game - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.