Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR:
KGuard KG-OT DVRs - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Forward Ports for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR
When you use a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for KGuard KG-OT DVRs
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a KGuard KG-OT DVRs DVR.