The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR are:
KGuard KG-SHA DVRs - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Forwarding Ports for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for KGuard KG-SHA DVRs
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a KGuard KG-SHA DVRs DVR.