How to Port Forward League of Legends
League of Legends is an MMO style of game. In an MMO style game there are hundreds if not thousands of players in the same game world. MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online, which means that it is an online only game. Most MMO style games do not have any sort of single player or offline component.
Forward Ports for League of Legends
When you are playing League of Legends you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for League of Legends
The ports that need to be forwarded for League of Legends are as follows:
League of Legends - PC
- TCP: 2099,5222-5223,8088,8393-8400
- UDP: 5000-5500,8088
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and League of Legends simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.