The following ports need to be forwarded for McAllister Pet ID:
McAllister Pet ID - PC
- TCP: 21-22
Forward Ports for McAllister Pet ID
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use McAllister Pet ID. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to McAllister Pet ID.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for McAllister Pet ID
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your device's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for McAllister Pet ID in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for McAllister Pet ID:
List of Routers - Customized for McAllister Pet ID
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for McAllister Pet ID.