How to Port Forward in Your Router for Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light offers the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
How to Port Forward Metro: Last Light
When you are playing Metro: Last Light you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Metro: Last Light Require
The required incoming ports for Metro: Last Light are as follows:
Metro: Last Light - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Metro: Last Light yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Metro: Last Light - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Metro: Last Light - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Metro: Last Light - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Metro: Last Light - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Metro: Last Light - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Metro: Last Light - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Metro: Last Light simply follow one of these links:
- Metro: Last Light - Playstation 3
- Metro: Last Light - Playstation 4
- Metro: Last Light - Steam
- Metro: Last Light - Xbox 360
- Metro: Last Light - Xbox One
- Metro: Last Light - Switch
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.