How to Open a Port in Your Router for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst has the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
When you are playing Mirror's Edge: Catalyst you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
The ports that need to be forwarded for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst are as follows:
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124,3216,9960-9969,18000,18120,18060,27900,28910,29900
- UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst that will show you the specific incoming ports.
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - PC
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - Playstation 4
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.