In this guide we will walk you through each step in the port forwarding process for the Netcomm NF15ACV router. Your router uses a firewall to help protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless otherwise specified. If you are playing an online game or using an online program you may need some of these blocked connections opened up. This is typically called a port forward. Signs you may need a port forward are: game or program lag, dropped from the game or program, and other similar experiences.
In this guide we will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the computer or device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Netcomm NF15ACV router.
- How to find the port forwarding page in your router interface.
- How to create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Another highly recommended way of getting a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP Reservation.
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
With DHCP reservations you can manage your devices from your router. This centralizes the management of your network and helps prevent IP address conflicts. Using this method you do not have to log in to your devices separately.
In this second step we will walk you through the steps in logging into the Netcomm NF15ACV router. First you will need to open up a web browser because this router uses a web interface to make setting changes. We recommend picking the browser you are most comfortable using. If you are unsure pick: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Edge.
After you have opened up the web browser of your choice, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page. Here is an example of an address bar:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Netcomm NF15ACV IP Address is: 192.168.20.1
After typing the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key and you should be taken to a login page like this:
Go ahead and enter the login information for your router then press the OK button.
- The Default Netcomm NF15ACV Router Username is: admin
- The Default Netcomm NF15ACV Router Password is: password
Are you having trouble logging into the Netcomm NF15ACV router? Here are a few things you can try:
- First, we recommend trying other Netcomm passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version then you may also have a different password. Check out our Default Netcomm Router Passwords here.
- If the above option did not work, it is because you changed the password in the past and probably have forgotten. We recommend trying to guess what you changed it to. If you need help with this we recommend using our Find Password App. It automates the process of guessing the the password for you. Learn more about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if you are still stuck, it might be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this erases all settings you have ever changed in the past. We strongly recommend you try other ways of solving this problem before you continue with a reset. For more on resetting a router check out this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged into the Netcomm NF15ACV router. It is time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this, we begin on the Router Status page:
On this page, click the Services option in the left sidebar.
Under that choose Firewall.
Finally, below that pick the new option of Port Forwarding.
On this page make sure the Enable radio button is selected next to Port Forwarding.
Click the Apply Changes button.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Put a name for this forward in the Comment box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Local IP box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Local Port from, Local Port to, Remote Port from and Remote Port to boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Local Port from and Remote Port from boxes and the highest number of the range into the Local Port to and Remote Port to boxes.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Leave the Remote IP box blank.
From the Interface dropdown box pick Any.
After each entry, click the Add button to add them to your port forward list.
Testing Your Ports
Once you have finished port forwarding, it is a good idea to check your work. To help you with this we have an Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the server is listening on those ports. This guarantees a positive confirmation on whether or not your ports are open on the Netcomm NF15ACV router.
If you are still having trouble getting your ports open, we suggest using our PortForward Software. Our software includes everything you need in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix port forwarding issues.
We also have a large selection of free guides to check out. You can find everything from networking guides to gaming guides.
We also have a large selection of router setup guides. Want to know how to setup your WiFi network? Need to change your DNS settings? Check out setuprouter.com for everything router.