When you play Observer you will enjoy the following styles of play.
Forward Ports for Observer
When you are playing Observer you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Observer
The connection ports for Observer are as follows:
Observer - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Observer - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Observer - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Observer yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Observer - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Observer - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Observer that will show you the specific incoming ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.