Ports To Forward for Outer Wilds
The required incoming ports for Outer Wilds are as follows:
Outer Wilds - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Outer Wilds - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Outer Wilds yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Outer Wilds - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Outer Wilds - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Outer Wilds - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Outer Wilds simply follow one of these links:
Outer Wilds offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
Port Forward Outer Wilds
When you are playing Outer Wilds you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.