How To Open Ports in Your Router for Outer Wilds
Outer Wilds offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
Forward Ports for Outer Wilds
When you are playing Outer Wilds you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Outer Wilds Require
The specific ports for Outer Wilds are as follows:
Outer Wilds - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Outer Wilds - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Outer Wilds - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Outer Wilds yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Outer Wilds - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Outer Wilds - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Outer Wilds that will show you the necessary ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.