How To Open Ports in Your Router for Outer Wilds
Outer Wilds offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Outer Wilds
When you are playing Outer Wilds you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Outer Wilds
The specific incoming ports for Outer Wilds are as follows:
Outer Wilds - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Outer Wilds - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Outer Wilds - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Outer Wilds yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Outer Wilds that will show you the necessary ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.