How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Phantasy Star Online 2
Phantasy Star Online 2 has the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
Forward Ports for Phantasy Star Online 2
When you are playing Phantasy Star Online 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Phantasy Star Online 2
The network ports for Phantasy Star Online 2 are as follows:
Phantasy Star Online 2 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Phantasy Star Online 2 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Phantasy Star Online 2 simply follow one of these links:
- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Playstation 4
- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Switch
- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.