The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for PlayStation 4 Remote Play are:
PlayStation 4 Remote Play - Playstation 4
- TCP: 9295
- UDP: 9296-9297
Setting Up a Port Forward for PlayStation 4 Remote Play
When you use PlayStation 4 Remote Play you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to PlayStation 4 Remote Play.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for PlayStation 4 Remote Play
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for PlayStation 4 Remote Play in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for PlayStation 4 Remote Play:
List of Routers - Customized for PlayStation 4 Remote Play
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for PlayStation 4 Remote Play.