The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS:
QNAP TS-109 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-109 Pro II
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-109 Pro II NAS.