The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-210 device are:
QNAP TS-210 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-210 device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-210 device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-210 device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-210 device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-210 device in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-210 device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-210
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-210 device.