Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-219 device:
QNAP TS-219 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-219 device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-219 device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-219 device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-219 device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-219 device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-219 device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-219
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-219 device.