Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-419U+ device:
QNAP TS-419U+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-419U+ device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-419U+ device. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QNAP TS-419U+ device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-419U+ device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-419U+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-419U+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-419U+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-419U+ device.