The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-419U device are:
QNAP TS-419U - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-419U device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-419U device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-419U device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-419U device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-419U device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-419U device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-419U
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-419U device.