The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-421U NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-421U - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-421U NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-421U NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-421U NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-421U NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-421U NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-421U NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-421U
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-421U NAS.