The following ports need to be forwarded for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR:
Qsee QSD2308C8-500 - PC
- TCP: 80, 2000
Forwarding Ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Qsee QSD2308C8-500
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Qsee QSD2308C8-500 DVR.