The following ports need to be forwarded for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR:
QSee QSDF8204 - PC
- TCP: 80, 2000
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR
When you use a QSee QSDF8204 DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QSee QSDF8204 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSDF8204
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QSee QSDF8204 DVR.