The ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR are listed here:
QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR
When you use a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSDR1616GRB-500
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QSee QSDR1616GRB-500 DVR.